Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Favorite Moment

My absolute favorite moment at the Ragnar Relay Race?

On the way from one Exchange Post to another, I stopped by the park in Woodland Hills where my team was getting some R&R between turns on the road. It was a huge park, designated as a Major Exchange, with thousands of running enthusiasts present!

My team captain took me over to the buffet supper and made sure I got fed, and then we went over to the spot where the rest of the Van #1 riders were resting. I rolled out my sleeping bag, stretched out, and had a Memorable Moment....

How long had it been since I stretched out to take a nap under a tree with a bunch of my friends? Decades! Friendship, the cool of the evening, the spongy, grassy turf, the weariness of having worked hard all day long, the full belly after a day of not eating, the distant chatter of other groups of runners, the far-off sounds of the runner Exchange--clanging and clapping as each new participant arrived... It all just came together for a Perfect Moment.

The whole weekend would have been worth that single half-hour of rest and perfect happiness.

Life is full of adventure and pleasure, if you dare to grasp hold of it whenever you can!

Happy jogging!

Osprey Hydration Packs - Full Selection at Altrec


Smooth Treadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment