Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fit at First

Anyway, during those first few years after turning fifty, I managed to stay pretty fit. I was going for long swims at the gym nearly every day. I was running in 5 K's and 10 K's on a regular basis. I found a "hiking buddy" and was hiking in the mountains every now and then. And the weekends I wasn't doing a race or a hike, I usually ended up at the beach for a good swim in the ocean.

I wanted to learn to surf, but that didn't happen. My overall fitness improved, though!

I did learn to snowboard. It was very painful for the first three years or so, but I finally mastered the necessary skills well enough so that I wasn't falling down all the time, and then snowboarding got to be fun.

For my 55th birthday, I decided to try skydiving. In tandem, of course! It was a great thrill, and besides, when I landed, the man I had been dating for the past several months presented me with a ring and asked me to marry him! That was in June, and we married in August! (By the way... we met on a ski trip!)

With best wishes for a long and healthy life,

The Jogging Grandma


Smooth Treadmill


No comments:

Post a Comment