Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting Fit

Over the next four years, my fitness level slowly increased. A friend had told me that when I could swim a mile, he would teach me to scuba dive. That sounded like a lot of fun, so I started training. Again, the first time I got in the pool, I couldn't even make it across once! I had to stop half-way across to catch my breath! But with scuba diving on my brain, I kept at it. Day after day, little by little, I got to the point where I could do all 66 laps which constituted the mile. Sadly, he never did come through and take me scuba diving, but I was swimming in an outdoor pool with beautiful scenery on the horizon, so I enjoyed the swims, anyway, and they really helped me improve my fitness level!

With best wishes for a long and healthy life,

The Jogging Grandma


P.S. Here are some other fun ways to get some good exercise! Check them out:
http://dotsmarket.offershop.net/offer/apply/37823/1645/3516

No comments:

Post a Comment